Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

m&p sport ar15

M&p Sport Ar15 - So many new gun owners are constantly looking for a reliable and affordable AR platform. The cyclical rise in demand and production delays forced many companies to sell below-average AR-15 rifles at previously high prices. This makes it difficult to find that sweet spot of value in the market. Fortunately, Smith & Wesson provides a solution to all of this with its affordable and reliable range of M&P15 Sport rifles. Let's take a look at this great option in our Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport 2 review.

Smith & Wesson has a strong reputation and brand image that has become a household name. This trust and exposure has grown since 1852 - when the company was founded. Most people think of Smith & Wesson as a handgun company, but this M&P15 Sport has definitely carved out a place for itself in the AR15 market since its introduction in 2006.

M&p Sport Ar15

M&p Sport Ar15

This 5.56 chambered AR15 has undergone several updates over the years and several variants are available. Marketed and branded as an affordable yet high quality option, Smith & Wesson has successfully reached the civilian and service world. With a typical price tag of around $800, the M&P15 Sport appeals to a wide audience.

Smith & Wesson's Budget Ar 15, The M&p Sport

Most seasoned AR15 owners will tell you that it's hard to find a reliable rig under around $900 in today's market. Smith & Wesson may have an exception here.

Basic but effective hardware and design are found throughout the M&P15 Sport. A direct-strike gas system is found in the M&P15 Sport with T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers. The chrome bolt carrier, gas key and firing pin provide efficient functionality. As expected, a telescopic stock is included for user adjustment.

For an entry-level AR15, the quality is undeniably high and the parts meet military specifications. The customization potential is great with spare parts and accessories widely available.

I've had a little shooting experience with the M&P15 Sport in the past, so I knew what to expect in this review. My recollection of this gun was relatively neutral - I didn't like it, but I didn't like it either. It was going well - and I didn't ask him for more than that.

Smith & Wesson M&p 15 Sport Ii Magpul® Moe® M Lok® Carbine Length Handguard

Before putting this M&P15 Sport on the market, I mounted a Vortek Strikefire optic to make the experience a little more pleasant. That being said, the supplied Smith & Wesson iron sights were sighted through Vortek optics, so I was able to shoot using both.

I spent a lot of time doing various shooting exercises with the M&P15 Sport. Right off the bat, I can tell you that any complaints I have with this firearm are relatively minor. I'm talking about an AR15 that performs well out of the box and doesn't break the bank - I have to keep things in perspective. All ammo types I fed with the M&P15 Sport were problem free. Even cheap steel ammo lingered in the drive.

Ergonomics were pretty decent, although I prefer a longer hand guard than the included plastic one. I quickly realized that the hand guard didn't do much when it came to thermal protection and found myself wearing the glove on my left hand within 20 minutes. Turns out Smith & Wesson doesn't provide a heat shield, which explains the hot feeling. I don't like the A2 handle, but it does the job and is definitely sturdy.

M&p Sport Ar15

Smith & Wesson provided a common magazine shaft design which allows for fairly quick magazine changes. Flaring isn't extreme - but it's enough to make reloading pretty smooth. Finding a comfortable cheek weld with the red dot optics and iron was as easy as expected with a telescopic stock.

Smith & Wesson M&p Sport Ii Dtom

A common difference between expensive AR15 platforms and budget platforms is structural compatibility. Fortunately, Smith & Wesson has found a way to make this budget AR15 solid in the hands.

It's not often that I shoot an AR15 with a design that looks a lot like the Colt M4 Carbine. Apparently, instead of a quad metal pickguard, we have a rounded polymer pickguard on the M&P15 Sport. Functionality seemed to be nearly identical to the Colt M4 Carbine - minus the selected fire option of course.

Using a personal 16″ VMD Guns AR15 I was able to make some comparisons between the two. The AR15 used for comparison isn't top of the food chain, but it's well made and the price is way higher. One of the first things I noticed while shooting the M&P15 Sport versus my personal AR15 was the difference in recoil handling. It wasn't drastic, but it was noticeably harder to hold the target for quick follow-up shots on A-zone targets at 25 yards.

The AR15 from VMD Guns is loaded with accessories and weighs a lot more. That's probably why I feel more comfortable with S&V. Still, cutting the WMD hatch seemed to be easier.

The M&p15 Sport Ii Is The World's Most Affordable Ar 15

Smith & Wesson provided sling attachment points on the upper receiver as well as the stock. Access to the magazine release, bolt and charging handle was easy. The charge is a little less for those of us who venture more into aftermarket options. Along with that, the included charging handle works well.

The trigger here provided a very typical trigger feel. Each hit provided a fairly predictable break without too much travel. My Lyman trigger scale showed an average pull weight of 2.8 pounds - although it seemed closer to 4.

The supplied sights (A2 front sight and Magpul MBUS) are robust and easy to use. Acquiring the sights attached while on range wasn't too much of a problem, but I found I was much more adept using the red dot optic I had fitted. (A few practice shots with the timer will make you believe in red dots if you're still rocking the iron sights.)

M&p Sport Ar15

Luckily I was able to see the iron sights through the mounted Vortek optics. Both were good for the distances I was shooting at.

Smith And Wesson M&p 15 Sport 2 Problems

As part of my experience with the Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport, I wanted to perform muzzle velocity tests with a high quality target. I used Federal Premium .223 69gr. Sierra Matchking ammo for this test. Using the Labrador device I was able to get average data from 5 shots - as shown below.

With Federal's advertised 2,950 speed, I wasn't terribly surprised by the numbers seen here. While the average speed didn't exactly match their marketing, the speed was pretty consistent.

Attractively priced, the M&P15 Sport 2 brings a good amount of money to the table. I really struggled to find anything so negative about this gun. The issues I found were relatively minor. In my opinion, Smith & Wesson offers a really good deal here.

I think this option is a great choice for a first AR15 purchase on a budget or someone looking for an accessory to have on hand. The balance between quality and price is not always so simple, and I think Smith & Wesson has found the perfect mix here. You're getting an American-made AR15 that's built to last and won't break the bank - what more could you ask for?

Picked Up My First Ar 15 A Few Weeks Ago And Wanted To Share. Smith & Wesson M&p Sport Ii

M&p sport ii, p sport, m&p 15 sport 2, m&p sport 2 sale, m and p sport 2, m&p sport, m&p sport 15, m&p sport 2 accessories, m and p sport, m&p sport 15 ii, m&p sport price, m&p sport 2 review

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code